1. Click on the Signup Genius button below to access currently active volunteer positions. Check back on this link frequently to find new volunteer positions as they arise throughout the year.
2. You must be an approved volunteer with UCPS. Click here to complete a volunteer application and here for additional information.
3. Below is a list of PTSO Committees along with a brief description. Please contact the PTSO President at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer. The committees are planning events throughout the year and will appreciate your efforts to support the school.
4. Look for new volunteer positions communicated via PTSO eblasts. - Click Here to Sign up for PTSO Emails
MRMS PTSO Volunteer Committees
Staff /Teacher Appreciation
- The Staff Appreciation Committee is tasked with planning a number of events throughout the year, such as a staff welcome back luncheon and gift, collecting and distributing donations for holiday gifts, staff luncheons throughout the year and organizing fun gifts and activities for staff appreciation week.
- The Internet Manager maintains and updates the MRMS PTSO website. They also send PTSO weekly eblasts to the MRMS community to provide up to date school happenings.
- The Social Media Manager maintains and updates the MRMS PTSO Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts with information regarding the PTSO and MRMS news on a regular basis.
- Help coordinate the ordering and delivery of MRMS spirit wear throughout the year. Help sell merchandise at school approved events.
- Help sell boxed donuts in afternoon car pool line at various times throughout the year.
- Plan and organize the 6th grade social/dance to include establishing a theme, date, decorations, food, music, etc. Coordinate the sale of tickets. Advertise for donations and get parent volunteers
- Plan and organize the 8th grade dance to include establishing a theme, date, decorations, food, music, etc. Coordinate the sale of tickets for the dance. Advertise for donations and get parent volunteers.
- Help promote the use of linking Harris Teeter VIC cards and Publix card to our school to help raise money for MRMS.
- Send information to families on how to electronically scan receipts for Box Tops to help raise money for MRMS.
- Coordinate campus clean up in August with the Athletic Booster Cub, including mulch ordering, supervising volunteers, etc. Manage the flowerpots and beautify the campus with the assistance of volunteers throughout the year as needed.
- Assist the Marvin Ridge High School with the Annual Run for the Ridge planning in the Spring. Represent and volunteer for MRMS at the race. This volunteer will not be required to run in the race but will be required to volunteer at the race.